WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2016
- using or able to speak several languages with some ease or ability:One has to be multilingual in many countries of Asia and Africa.
- Linguisticsusing or able to speak several or many languages with some facility.
- Linguisticsspoken or written in several or many languages:a multilingual broadcast.
- Linguisticsdealing with or involving several or many languages:a multilingual dictionary of business terms.
- Linguisticsa multilingual person.
- multi- + lingual 1830–40