neck /nɛk/USA pronunciation
v. [no object]
Informal Terms[Informal.]to engage in kissing and caressing.
- Anatomythe part of the body that connects the head and the trunk.
- the part of a garment around, partly covering, or closest to the neck;
neckline:a blouse with a low neck.
- a slender part that resembles a neck:a bottle with a narrow neck; a guitar with a slender neck.
- a narrow strip of land, or a channel for water.
- Informal Terms, Idiomsneck and neck, just even or very close:The candidates were neck and neck in the polls.
- Informal Terms, Idiomsneck of the woods, neighborhood or surrounding area:In his neck of the woods he was considered a good salesman.
- Idiomsstick one's neck out, [no object][Informal.]to make oneself vulnerable by taking a risk:willing to stick his neck out if it meant saving his friends.