- the state of being perplexed
- the state of being intricate or complicated
- something that perplexes
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
- something that is perplexing:[countable]the perplexities of that software.
- the state of being perplexed;
- something that perplexes:a case plagued with perplexities.
- a tangled, involved, or confused condition or situation.
- Late Latin perplexitās, equivalent. to Latin perplex(us) (see perplexed) + -itās -ity
- Old French
- Middle English perplexite 1350–1400