- abnormal tightness of the foreskin, preventing its being retracted over the tip of the penis
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
- Pathologyconstriction of the orifice of the prepuce so as to prevent the foreskin from being drawn back to uncover the glans penis.
- Pathologya similar condition involving the clitoris.
- Pathologynarrowness of the vagina.
- Greek phīmó̄sis literally, a muzzling, equivalent. to phīmō-, verbid stem of phīmoûn to muzzle + -sis -sis
- Neo-Latin phīmōsis