WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
pres•en•ta•tion /ˌprɛzənˈteɪʃən, ˌprizɛn-/USA pronunciation
n. WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2019
- an act of presenting;
the state of being presented:[uncountable]the presentation of news.
- a manner or style of speaking, instructing, or putting oneself forward:[uncountable]Your presentation is all-important during an interview for a job.
- [countable] a demonstration to a client of a proposed advertising campaign;
- a performance or showing, as of a play or film:[countable]a high-school presentation of Our Town.
- [countable] an offering, as of a gift.
- [countable] a demonstration, lecture, or welcoming speech, as one of introduction.
(prez′ən tā′shən, prē′zen-),USA pronunciation n.
- an act of presenting.
- the state of being presented.
- a social introduction, as of a person at court.
- an exhibition or performance, as of a play or film.
- offering, delivering, or bestowal, as of a gift.
- a gift.
- a demonstration, lecture, or welcoming speech.
- a manner or style of speaking, instructing, or putting oneself forward:His presentation was very poor.
- [Com.]the presentment of a bill, note, or the like.
- the position of the fetus in the uterus during labor.
- the appearance of a particular part of the fetus at the cervix during labor:a breech presentation.
- Religion[Eccles.]the act or the right of presenting a member of the clergy to the bishop for institution to a benefice.
- Late Latin praesentātiōn- (stem of praesentātiō) nomination (of a priest) to a benefice, religious dedication (of a person) by bringing him before God. See present2, -ation
- Middle English 1350–1400
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
presentation /ˌprɛzənˈteɪʃən/ n
- the act of presenting or state of being presented
- the manner of presenting, esp the organization of visual details to create an overall impression
- a verbal report presented with illustrative material, such as slides, graphs, etc: a presentation on the company results
- an offering or bestowal, as of a gift
- (as modifier): a presentation copy of a book
- a performance or representation, as of a play
- the formal introduction of a person, as into society or at court; debut
- the act or right of nominating a clergyman to a benefice
'presentation' also found in these entries: