WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- a series of activities or events.
- a record of the business discussed at a meeting.
- Lawlegal action, esp. as carried on in a court of law.
- a particular action or course or manner of action.
- proceedings, a series of activities or events;
- the act of a person or thing that proceeds:Our proceeding down the mountain was hindered by mud slides.
- proceedings, a record of the doings or transactions of a fraternal, academic, etc., society.
- the instituting or carrying on of an action at law.
- a legal step or measure:to institute proceedings against a person.
- 1375–1425; late Middle English; see proceed, -ing1
- 1, 2.See corresponding entry in Unabridged
- 4.See corresponding entry in Unabridged See process.