- something produced by effort, or some mechanical or industrial process
- the result of some natural process
- a result or consequence
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2016
- a thing produced by labor:farm products.
- all the goods or services that a company produces:the gross national product.
- a person or thing thought of as resulting from a process:She was a product of the 60's.
- Mathematicsthe result of multiplying two or more numbers together.
- a thing produced by labor:products of farm and factory; the product of his thought.
- a person or thing produced by or resulting from a process, as a natural, social, or historical one;
result:He is a product of his time.
- the totality of goods or services that a company makes available;
output:a decrease in product during the past year.
- Chemistrya substance obtained from another substance through chemical change.
- the result obtained by multiplying two or more quantities together.
- intersection (def. 3a).
- Latin prōductum (thing) produced, neuter of past participle of prōdūcere to produce
- late Middle English 1400–50