prog•ress /n. ˈprɑgrɛs, -rəs; v. prəˈgrɛs/USA pronunciation
v. pro•gress [no object]
- advancement toward a goal or to a further or higher stage:to make progress in the disarmament talks.
- growth or development; improvement:to show progress in muscular coordination.
- forward or onward movement:the progress of the planets around the sun.
- to go forward or onward in space or time:The years are progressing.
- to grow or develop, presumably toward a goal or to a higher or further stage:progressing in my studies.
- in progress, going on; under way:His long novel is a work in progress.