WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- very notable or obviously unusual;
noteworthy:a remarkable hat; an ability that is remarkable.
- notably or conspicuously unusual;
extraordinary:a remarkable change.
- worthy of notice or attention.
- French remarquable. See remark, -able
- 2.See corresponding entry in Unabridged notable, noteworthy, striking, extraordinary, wonderful, unusual, singular, uncommon.
- 1, 2.See corresponding entry in Unabridged common, ordinary.