- the act of remunerating
- pay; recompense
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2015
- the act of remunerating.
- something that remunerates;
pay:He received little remuneration for his services.
- Latin remūnerātiōn- (stem of remūnerātiō), equivalent. to remūnerāt(us) (see remunerate) + -iōn- -ion
- earlier remuneracion 1470–80
- to pay, pay back, or reward for work, trouble, etc.:Naturally we will remunerate you for your work on the project.
- to pay for in money or the equivalent:Naturally your writing and research will be remunerated.
re•mu•ner•a•tive /rɪˈmyunərətɪv, -nəˌreɪtɪv/USA pronunciationadj.