- a mixture of minced cooked meat coated in egg and breadcrumbs and fried
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2016
(ri sōlz′, ris′ōlz; Fr. rē sôl′).USA pronunciation
- Fooda small pastry, often in turnover form, filled with a mixture containing meat or fish and usually fried in deep fat.
- Vulgar Latin *russeola (feminine adjective, adjectival) reddish
- French; Middle French roissole, rousole, perh.
ris•so•lé (ris′ə lē, ris′ə lā′; Fr. rē sô lā′),USA pronunciation adj.
- Food(of foods) browned in deep fat.
- French, past participle of rissoler to brown, derivative of rissole rissole