WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2015
rust•y1 /ˈrʌsti/USA pronunciation
adj., -i•er, -i•est.
rust•i•ness, n. [uncountable]
- covered with rust.
- of or tending toward the color rust.
- having lost agility;
out of practice:Because he hadn't played baseball in the last few years, he was rusty.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
rusty /ˈrʌstɪ/ adj (rustier, rustiest)
ˈrustily adv ˈrustiness n
- covered with, affected by, or consisting of rust: a rusty machine, a rusty deposit
- of the colour rust
- discoloured by age: a rusty coat
- (of the voice) tending to croak
- old-fashioned in appearance; seemingly antiquated: a rusty old gentleman
- out of practice; impaired in skill or knowledge by inaction or neglect
- (of plants) affected by the rust fungus
'rusty' also found in these entries: