We could not find the full phrase you were looking for.
The entry for 'satellite' is displayed below.
Also see: TV
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
satellite /ˈsætəˌlaɪt/ n
- a celestial body orbiting around a planet or star: the earth is a satellite of the sun
- Also called: artificial satellite a man-made device orbiting around the earth, moon, or another planet transmitting to earth scientific information or used for communication
See also communications satellite
- a person, esp one who is obsequious, who follows or serves another
- a country or political unit under the domination of a foreign power
- a subordinate area or community that is dependent upon a larger adjacent town or city
- (modifier) subordinate to or dependent upon another: a satellite nation
- (modifier) of, used in, or relating to the transmission of television signals from a satellite to the house: a satellite dish aerial
Etymology: 16th Century: from Latin satelles an attendant, probably of Etruscan origin
- (transitive) to transmit by communications satellite