- a person or thing that scorches
- something severe or caustic
- Brit informal something remarkable
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2015
- a person or thing that scorches.
- Informal Terms[Informal.]a very hot day:Tomorrow is supposed to be a scorcher.
- something caustic or severe:a scorcher of a critique.
- Informal Terms[Informal.]a person who drives extremely fast.
- Printing[Print.]a device for drying and forming flong into a curve before casting.
- scorch + -er1 1835–45