WordReference can't translate this exact phrase, but click on each word to see its meaning:
We could not find the full phrase you were looking for.
The entry for 'scum' is displayed below.
Also see: bag
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
scum /skʌm/ n
vb (scums, scumming, scummed)
- a layer of impure matter that forms on the surface of a liquid, often as the result of boiling or fermentation
- the greenish film of algae and similar vegetation surface of a stagnant pond
Also called: dross, scruff the skin of oxides or impurities on the surface of a molten metal
- waste matter
- a worthless person or group of people
Etymology: 13th Century: of Germanic origin; related to Old High German scūm, Middle Dutch schūm, Old French escume; see skim
- (transitive) to remove scum from
- (intransitive) rare to form a layer of or become covered with scum