WordReference can't translate this exact phrase, but click on each word to see its meaning:
We could not find the full phrase you were looking for.
The entry for "sex" is displayed below.
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2015
sex /sɛks/USA pronunciation
- [countable] either the female or male division of a species:What sex is your kitten?
- [uncountable] all the differences by which the female and the male are distinguished; gender:discrimination on the basis of sex.
- [uncountable] the attraction drawing one sex toward another:emphasis on sex in movies.
- Medicinesexual intercourse sexualintercourse:premarital sex.
sex•less, adj. See -sect-.
- Medicine, Idiomshave sex, to engage in sexual intercourse.
sex- comes from Latin, where it has the meaning "six'':sexpartite (= having six parts or divisions).
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
sex /sɛks/ n
- the sum of the characteristics that distinguish organisms on the basis of their reproductive function
- either of the two categories, male or female, into which organisms are placed on this basis
- short for sexual intercourse
- feelings or behaviour resulting from the urge to gratify the sexual instinct
- sexual matters in general
- of or concerning sexual matters: sex education, sex hygiene
- based on or arising from the difference between the sexes: sex discrimination
Etymology: 14th Century: from Latin sexus; compare secāre to divide
- (transitive) to ascertain the sex of