WordReference can't translate this exact phrase, but click on each word to see its meaning:
We could not find the full phrase you were looking for.
The entry for 'sex' is displayed below.
Also see: pictures
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
sex /sɛks/ n
- the sum of the characteristics that distinguish organisms on the basis of their reproductive function
- either of the two categories, male or female, into which organisms are placed on this basis
- short for sexual intercourse
- feelings or behaviour resulting from the urge to gratify the sexual instinct
- sexual matters in general
- of or concerning sexual matters: sex education, sex hygiene
- based on or arising from the difference between the sexes: sex discrimination
Etymology: 14th Century: from Latin sexus; compare secāre to divide
- (transitive) to ascertain the sex of