- fabric from which sheets are made
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- the act of covering with or forming into sheets.
- something formed into a sheet or sheets:tin sheeting on the roofs of huts.
- Textilesa kind of plain cotton fabric, esp. a firmly made muslin used for bed sheets.
- the act of covering with or forming into a sheet or sheets.
- Textileswide muslin, chiefly for sheets.
- Building, Civil Engineering[Engin., Building Trades.]a quantity of sheet piles.
- sheet1 + -ing1 1705–15