- possessing or demonstrating accomplishment, skill, or special training
- (prenominal) involving skill or special training: a skilled job
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
- having, needing, or showing skill or ability:a skilled craftsman.[be + ~ + in/at + object]She was skilled in dealing with all sorts of people.
- having skill;
trained or experienced in work that requires skill.
- showing, involving, or requiring skill, as certain work.
- skill1 + -ed3 1545–55
- 1.See corresponding entry in Unabridged See skillful.