- a distinctive or topical phrase used in politics, advertising, etc
- Scot a Highland battle cry
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2018
- a phrase identified with a particular party, product, etc.;
a catch phrase:a campaign slogan.
- a distinctive cry, phrase, or motto of any party, group, manufacturer, or person;
catchword or catch phrase.
- a war cry or gathering cry, as formerly used among the Scottish clans.
- Scots Gaelic sluagh-ghairm, equivalent. to sluagh army, host (compare slew2) + gairm cry