- a box or crate for packing soap
- a crate used as a platform for speech-making
- a child's homemade racing cart consisting of a wooden box set on a wooden frame with wheels and a steerable front axle
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- a stand or platform, such as one set up on a street, from which a speaker delivers a speech or political comment.
- Also, soap′ box′. an improvised platform, as one on a street, from which a speaker delivers an informal speech, an appeal, or political harangue.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a speaker or speech from a soapbox.
- soap + box1 1650–60