- a session of considerable overindulgence, esp in drinking, squandering money, etc
- a romp
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
- a period or burst of action in which one does as one wishes, without thinking or worrying about the results:a drinking spree; a shopping spree.
- a lively frolic or outing.
- a bout or spell of drinking to intoxication;
- a period, spell, or bout of indulgence, as of a particular wish, craving, or whim:an eating spree; a spending spree.
- a period or outburst of extreme activity:Our basketball team went on a scoring spree and won 114 to 78.
- origin, originally uncertain 1795–1805
Spree (shprā),USA pronunciation n.
- Place Namesa river in E Germany, flowing N through Berlin to the Havel River. 220 mi. (354 km) long.