WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2015
- the holder of the stakes of a wager.
- a person or group that has an investment, share, or interest in something, as a business or industry.
- Lawmaking[Law.]a person holding money or property to which two or more persons make rival claims.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
stakeholder /ˈsteɪkˌhəʊldə/ n
- a person or group owning a significant percentage of a company's shares
- a person or group not owning shares in an enterprise but affected by or having an interest in its operations, such as the employees, customers, local community, etc
- of or relating to policies intended to allow people to participate in and benefit from decisions made by enterprises in which they have a stake: a stakeholder economy
'stakeholder' also found in these entries: