- the study of synonyms
- the character of being synonymous; equivalence
- a list or collection of synonyms, esp one in which their meanings are discriminated
- a collection of the synonyms of a species or group
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
- the quality of being synonymous;
equivalence in meaning.
- the study of synonyms.
- a set, list, or system of synonyms.
- Biologya list of the scientific names, with explanatory matter and location of type or types, for a particular taxonomic group.
- Greek synōnymía. See synonymous, -y3
- Late Latin synōnymia