- the smallest of the guenon monkeys, Cercopithecus talapoin, of swampy central W African forests, having olive-green fur and slightly webbed digits
- (in Myanmar and Thailand) a Buddhist monk
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2015
- Mammalsa small, yellowish guenon monkey, Micropithecus (Cercopithecus) talapoin, of western Africa.
- Mon tɔelaʔ p n (written tīla puin) Buddha, literally, the Lord of Merit (Old Mon tirlaa’ lord + Pali puñña merit)
- French, special use (origin, originally jocular) of talapoin Buddhist monk