ⓘ One or more forum threads is an exact match of your searched term. Click here
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2016
(tē′pē), n. WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2016
te•pee /ˈtipi/USA pronunciation
n. [countable], pl.-pees. WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2016
- Anthropologya tent made from animal skins placed on a conical frame of long poles.
- Anthropologya tent of the American Indians, made usually from animal skins laid on a conical frame of long poles and having an opening at the top for ventilation and a flap door.
- Dakota thípi, equivalent. to thí- to dwell + -pi plural indefinite abstract noun, nominal suffix
- 1735–45, American.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
teepee /ˈtiːpiː/ n
- a variant spelling of tepee
tepee, teepee /ˈtiːpiː/ n
Etymology: 19th Century: from Siouan tīpī, from ti to dwell + pi used for
- a cone-shaped tent of animal skins used by certain North American Indians
'teepee' also found in these entries: