- a variant spelling of tepee
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2015
- Anthropologya tent made from animal skins placed on a conical frame of long poles.
- Anthropologya tent of the American Indians, made usually from animal skins laid on a conical frame of long poles and having an opening at the top for ventilation and a flap door.
- Dakota thípi, equivalent. to thí- to dwell + -pi plural indefinite abstract noun, nominal suffix
- 1735–45, American.
- a cone-shaped tent of animal skins used by certain North American Indians