WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2014
ten•an•cy /ˈtɛnənsi/USA pronunciation
n., pl. -cies.
- [uncountable] a holding by a tenant;
- [countable] the length of time of a tenancy.See -ten-.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
tenancy /ˈtɛnənsɪ/ n ( pl -cies)
- the temporary possession or holding by a tenant of lands or property owned by another
- the period of holding or occupying such property
- the period of holding office, a position, etc
'tenancy' also found in these entries:
In the English description: