We could not find the full phrase you were looking for.
The entry for 'quote' is displayed below.
Also see: to
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
quote /kwəʊt/ vb
- to recite a quotation (from a book, play, poem, etc), esp as a means of illustrating or supporting a statement
- (transitive) to put quotation marks round (a word, phrase, etc)
- to state (a current market price) of (a security or commodity)
- an informal word for quotation, quotation, quotation, quotation
- (often plural)
an informal word for quotation mark
Etymology: 14th Century: from Medieval Latin quotāre to assign reference numbers to passages, from Latin quot how many
- an expression used parenthetically to indicate that the words that follow it form a quotation