- on one's tod ⇒ Brit slang on one's own
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2016
- an English unit of weight, chiefly for wool, commonly equal to 28 pounds (12.7 kilograms) but varying locally.
- a load.
- Botanya bushy mass, esp. of ivy.
- 1375–1425; late Middle English todde; akin to Frisian (East dialect, dialectal) todde small load, Old Norse toddi piece, slice
tod2 (tod),USA pronunciation
- Scottish Termsa fox.
- Scottish Termsa crafty, foxy person.
- Middle English (north) 1125–75