- a pledge or oath of fidelity, esp a betrothal
- truth (esp in the phrase in troth)
- loyalty; fidelity
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- faithfulness:by my troth.
- one's word or promise, esp. in betrothal:They will plight their troth (= promise to marry).
- faithfulness, fidelity, or loyalty:by my troth.
- truth or verity:in troth.
- one's word or promise, esp. in engaging oneself to marry.
- Middle English trowthe, trouthe, variant of treuthe, Old English trēowth. See truth 1125–75