- too many to be counted; innumerable
- denoting a noun that does not refer to an isolable object
See mass noun
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2016
- larger in number than can easily or possibly be counted:a sky of uncountable stars.
- (of a noun) that cannot be counted:An uncountable noun does not have a plural form because it is thought of as a mass, (like sand, or furniture) or because it is considered abstract, (like courage ).
- not countable;
incapable of having the total precisely ascertained:uncountable colonies of bacteria; uncountable kindnesses and small favors.
- indefinitely large in number;
infinite:the uncountable days of eternity.
see un-1, countable