ⓘ One or more forum threads is an exact match of your searched term. Click here
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2016
ur•ban /ˈɝbən/USA pronunciation
adj. WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2016
- of, relating to, or making up a city or town:urban areas.
- living in a city:the urban population.
of, pertaining to, or designating a city or town.
living in a city.
characteristic of or accustomed to cities;
citified:He is an urban type.
- Latin urbānus, equivalent. to urb- (stem of urbs) city + -ānus -an
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
urban /ˈɜːbən/ adj
Etymology: 17th Century: from Latin urbānus, from urbs city
- of, relating to, or constituting a city or town
- living in a city or town
- (of music) emerging and developing in densely populated areas of large cities, esp those populated by people of African or Caribbean origin
'urban' also found in these entries: