- informal an irritating or obnoxious person or animal
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- an undesirable animal, esp. one that eats livestock.
- an obnoxious person.
- [Chiefly Southern and South Midland U.S.]
- an objectionable or undesirable animal, usually predatory, as a coyote or bobcat.
- a despicable, obnoxious, or annoying person.
- variant of vermin(with regular outcome of Middle Englishĕr before consonant (compare argal3, parson) and parasitic t) 1530–40