- Austral informal an alert or intelligent person
- be a wake-up to ⇒ Austral informal to be fully alert to (a person, thing, action, etc)
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
- an act or instance of waking up.
- an act or instance of being awakened:I asked the hotel desk for a wake-up at 6.
- a time of awaking or being awakened:I'll need a 5 o'clock wake-up to make the early plane.
- serving to wake one from sleep:Leave a wake-up call at the front desk.
- serving to arouse or excite:a wake-up call on the problems of pollution.
- noun, nominal, adjective, adjectival use of verb, verbal phrase wake up 1835–45