- a man who practises black magic; sorcerer
- a fortune-teller, conjuror, or magician
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- Anthropologya male witch.
- Anthropologya man who practices the black arts;
a male witch;
- Anthropologya fortuneteller or conjurer.
- Middle English warloghe, -lach, Old English wǣrloga oathbreaker, devil, equivalent. to wǣr covenant + -loga betrayer (derivative of lēogan to lie) bef. 900
- Peter, real name Philip Arnold Heseltine. 1894–1930, British composer and scholar of early English music. His works include song cycles, such as The Curlew (1920–22), and the Capriol Suite (1926) for strings