For the verb: "to windsurf"
|Present Participle: ||windsurfing|
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
wind•surf•ing /ˈwɪndˌsɜrfɪŋ/USA pronunciation
n. [uncountable]WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2019
- Sportthe sport of riding on a surfboard mounted with a sail.
(wind′sûr′fing),USA pronunciation n. WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2019
Also called sailboarding.
- Sport, Sporta form of sailing in which a flexible sail, free to move in any direction, is mounted on a surfboard and the craft guided by the standing rider.
- wind1 + surf + -ing1 1965–70
(wind′sûrf′),USA pronunciation v.i.
- Sportto engage in windsurfing.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
windsurfing /ˈwɪndˌsɜːfɪŋ/ n
- the sport of sailing standing up on a sailboard that is equipped with a mast, sail, and wishbone boom
'windsurfing' also found in these entries: