worth1 /wɝθ/USA pronunciation
- good or important enough to justify:That place is definitely worth visiting.
- having a value of:That vase is worth 20 dollars.
- having property to the value of:They are worth millions.
- excellence, as of character; merit:a man of worth.
- usefulness or importance, as to the world, to a person, or for a purpose:Your worth to the team is unquestionable.
- value, as in money.
- a quantity of something of a specified value:The storekeeper gave him 50 cents' worth of candy.
- property or possessions; wealth.
worth is an adjective and a noun, worthwhile and worthy are adjectives:The book is worth fifty dollars. He is of no worth. It was worthwhile work. I am not worthy of your love.
- for all one is worth, to the utmost:She ran for all she was worth.