- a traditional Jewish school devoted chiefly to the study of rabbinic literature and the Talmud
- a school run by Orthodox Jews for children of primary school age, providing both religious and secular instruction
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
- Judaisman Orthodox Jewish school for the religious and secular education of children of elementary school age.
- Judaisman Orthodox Jewish school of higher instruction in Jewish learning, chiefly for students preparing to enter the rabbinate.
- Hebrew (post-Biblical) yəshībhāh literally, a sitting