- of, belonging to, or associated with you: your nose, your house, your first taste of freedom
- belonging to or associated with an unspecified person or people in general: the path is on your left heading north, this lotion is for your head only
- informal used to indicate all things or people of a certain type: your part-time worker is a problem
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2015
- the form of the pronoun you
youthat is used to mean possessed or owned by you;
of or relating to you;
belonging to you, and is used before a noun:I like your idea. The library is on your left.
- (used to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things in a general way): some, any, or one:It's just your average weekday.