WordReference English Collocations © 2019
alienⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- aliens from [mars, outer space, another planet]
- There is an invasion of aliens.
- was abducted by aliens
- the alien's [shuttle, spaceship]
- The aliens have advanced [weapons, technology].
- The aliens come in peace.
- The aliens are peaceful.
- a new species of alien
- [developed, invented, built] by aliens
- [mysterious, elusive] aliens
- claimed to have [sighted, seen] an alien
- (came) dressed (up) as an alien
- a [movie, program, show, documentary] about aliens
- (believe) in the existence of aliens
- is [a resident, a nonresident, a legal, an illegal] alien
- [deport, detain] illegal aliens
- illegal aliens crossing the border (at)
- feels like an alien in her new [city, school]
- is alien to this [country, culture, city]
- this [country] is alien to me
- [visit, travel to] an alien [country]
- the [concept, idea, food] seems alien to me
- the [concept, idea] is alien to modern [society, culture, thinking]
- [lost, settled, out of place] in an alien culture
- the (illegal) alien population
- has a [resident, nonresident] alien status
- was an alien [invasion, abduction]
- made alien contact
- alien [sightings, aircraft, beings]
- a new alien species
- [discover, study] an alien species
- [could, might, may] be of alien origin
- used alien technology
- visited an alien [world, planet]
'alien' also found in these entries: