WordReference English Collocations © 2019
bargainⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [look, search] for a bargain
- can't [pass up, turn down] a good bargain
- That's a (real) bargain!
- [picked up, got myself] a real bargain
- [shop, look] around for bargains
- a bargain on [tomatoes, soap]
- bargains and discounts
- I love a good bargain!
- bought it at a bargain
- That's the bargain of a lifetime!
- That's a real bargain!
- a [travel, flight] bargain
- The [judge, attorney] offered a plea bargain.
- a plea bargain put [forward, in] by the [attorney]
- was offered a plea bargain (for)
- accepted a plea bargain
- turned down a plea bargain
- made a bargain to [share the, take turns] driving
- bargain with [them, the prosecutor, the company]
- he got more than he bargained for
- bargain for [his life, a promotion, a discount]
- bargain over a [proposal, price]
- bargained away her [life, rights, freedom]
- bargained her [life] away
- cannot be bargained with
- bargain [prices, shopping]
- [CDs, DVDs, albums] in the bargain basement
'bargain' also found in these entries: