WordReference English Collocations © 2019
chatterⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a stream of [incessant, nonstop, endless] chatter
- Cut the chatter!
- less chatter and more [work, studying], (please)
- [cut, stop] your chatter and (get to work)
- [increased, decreased] internet chatter
- [monitor, bug, tap] internet chatter
- could hear the chatter of [birds, parrots, onlookers, students, children]
- the chatter of the [machines, printers, devices]
- chatter about [the day, work, nothing]
- are chattering to each other
- is chattering with her
- are chattering away
- his teeth were chattering