WordReference English Collocations © 2019
nearlyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- in nearly all cases
- in nearly every [aspect, major, state]
- cost nearly [$400]
- took nearly [four hours] to [finish, make, do]
- nearly [two years] later
- are nearly the same [kind, color, shape size]
- was nearly impossible
- oh, I nearly forgot
- [it's, that's] nearly new
- he nearly [won, made it, had a crash]
- are you nearly [finished, done]?
- is nearly [finished, over]
- a nearly perfect [essay, plan, diamond]
- have nearly enough to
- is not nearly enough (money)
- is not nearly [good, wide, big] enough [to, for]
- [it's, it is] nearly time [to, for]
- nearly as [good, bad, well, important]
- UK: are we nearly there?
- I nearly always [forget, use, make]
- nearly everyone [agrees, is in agreement]
'nearly' also found in these entries: