WordReference English Collocations © 2019
trashⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- take the trash out
- did you take the trash out (yet)?
- take the trash out to the curb
- still have to take the trash [out, to the curb]
- empty (out) the trash
- the trash is full
- empty the trash out of your pockets
- do you have any trash to throw away?
- throw [it] in the trash
- do you [have, see] a trash anywhere?
- can you throw this in the trash (for me)?
- pick up trash on the [street, side of the road]
- [looking, searching, rummaging] in the trash
- found the weapon in the trash
- the streets are full of trash
- there is trash everywhere
- the smell of burning trash
- take the trash to the dump
- figurative: what kind of trash would [do, say] that?
- figurative: am [sick, tired] of this trash
- slang, offensive: [trailer, white] trash
- this [movie, school district, book] is trash
- trash day
- trash [disposal, removal, pickup]
- a trash [bag, can]
- use a trash compactor
- is always trash talking
- need to work on your trash talk
- trash [culture, TV]
- trash the [house, apartment, joint, place]
- [he, the party] trashed the [house]
- trash a [file, folder, database, disk]
- trash [trees, plants, sugar cane]
- trash the [movie, restaurant, team, idea]
- the [movie] was trashed (by critics)
- trash your [empties, beer cans, dirty diapers]
'trash' also found in these entries: