- a small tapered nail having a small head that is either symmetrical or formed on one side only
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
- Buildinga small, thin nail having either a small, deep head or a projection to one side of the head end.
- Buildinga slender wire nail having either a small, deep head or a projection to one side of the head end. See illus. under nail.
- Buildingto fasten with brads.
- Old Norse braddr, cognate with Old English brord spike (see braird)
- late Middle English brad, dialect, dialectal variant of Middle English brod(d) sprout, shoot, nail 1425–75
Brad (brad),USA pronunciation n.
- a male given name.