- the examination or consideration of a matter in speech or writing
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
- the act of discussing:[uncountable]I don't think his proposals leave much room for discussion.
- an instance of discussing:[countable]We had a long discussion on why I shouldn't appeal his decision.
- an act or instance of discussing;
consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., esp. to explore solutions;
- Late Latin discussiōn- (stem of discussiō) inquiry, examination, Latin: a shaking. See discuss, -ion
- Middle English 1300–50